Slow Drive Speeds with HP Smart Array P410i

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ycp

Jun 22, 2014
Hey
I have a an HP DL380 G7 server with a HP smart array p410i raid card.
I have attached a single 2tb SATA samsung hard drive and created a raid 0 array with the single drive.
I have ran some disk benchmarks on this drives and i Get 130MBps read and only 10MBps write speeds.
What could be the problem?
If i take the same drive and put it inside a regular desktop i get much 100MBps write speeds.
Why cant i get the same speed from the raid controller?

Last edited:

Sparkey

Feb 23, 2020
Ohio
QRZ.com
Old thread but here is a better hack for the battery.. Older cordless phones have a Ni-Mh battery pack that you just clip off the connector and solder the wires to the HP battery harness re to red and black to black.. It even fits inside the original holder and will give you the green glow of success.. I have tried several different configurations with my 512mb cash board and the drives cashing and the OS soft cashing finding no real joy beyond 150mb read and 200mb write to a disc in raid 0.. The random R/W are pretty bad on these mechanical 160gig drives at sub 20mb so I hope to try some solid state drives but have heard that the P410i can be real picky.. Might try 4 PCIe x4 adapters and run M.2 PCIe drives outside the raid controller and or get a LSI 2108x8 card and see if thing improve..