Should SMB service be running at startup?

Discussion in 'Solaris, Nexenta, OpenIndiana, and napp-it' started by knubbze, Aug 23, 2013.

1. knubbze

knubbze Member

I recently reinstalled Solaris+nappit on my machine, and found that I have to log into the web interface and manually start the SMB server service after every boot - is this normal? Because I'm sure that with the previous installation (before I reinstalled everything), the SMB server was already running at startup, so I could access the SMB shares straight away without having to log into napp-it to start the SMB server service.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. gea

gea Well-Known Member

SMB should start automatically.
    Only on encrypted shares, you need to unlock them first.

3. brutalizer

brutalizer Member

The SMF system handles starting of processes. Google "SMF SMB".