- Dec 21, 2010
Our Shipyard is going live on the 4-node demo cluster today. This is part of testing Rancher, Shipyard and Portainer to see what is the easiest to use.
- Setup on the cluster is a bit different. Instead of using Docker Swarm to add nodes, Shipyard is adding many more components
- There are several containers being launched for Shipyard running curl, rethinkdb, etcd and others
- Installation is easy. One line:
curl -sSL https://shipyard-project.com/deploy | bash -s
- Adding additional nodes:
curl -sSL https://shipyard-project.com/deploy | ACTION=node DISCOVERY=etcd://10.0.9.100:4001 bash -s
- UI is nice. I like the single page container deployment screen
- Making a container is very straightforward. I like the ability to even add things like CPU/ RAM constraints directly on the page.
- Making a service and running it with a number of replicas or as a global service is much less so.