Shipping Rant

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
Does it bother anyone else when people put signature confirmation on packages without mentioning it? I am never home during the day so packages are always delayed by at least one day. Most recently a seller will not even allow me to change the shipping location and just pick it up at the local fedex location. Beyond frustrating.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Sometimes, Ebay item worth over $500 ( not sure the latest amount, check Ebay rules) require shipment with signature confirmation.
Otherwise, buyer could just claim "item not received", if seller did not shipped item with signature confirmation, seller would have no choice but to refund buyer all cost.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
File a signature waiver with FedEx? You should also be able to redirect packages to a FedEx retail location without intervention on the seller's part with a phone call.

Reactions: pgh5278 and Patrick

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
If you can, send it to work, I do for anything important. Case in point, my missing $10 amazon package that usps "delivered" to my door yesterday.

bds1904

Aug 30, 2013
As others have said open an "account" with fedex and UPS and have them hold packages with your address at a local depot. They require an ID to set it up and to pick up any packages. Pretty easy really.

You could also get a PakMail "mailbox". It's a P.O. box with a real address. PakMail takes delivery from UPS, Fedex, DHL and USPS.

poto

May 18, 2013
I put signature required on just about anything worth more than $200. I have had too many packages get delivered then "lost" to deal with not doing it.
Exactly. I came home yesterday to a pile of boxes from Amazon/Newegg/etc. As I opened them, I found a box from Amazon with around $500 worth of electronics addressed to someone else nowhere near my residence. The USPS system inquiry would show an unscanned package, or if the driver was really careless - "delivered."

As I returned them to the post office, I wondered how many shipping fraud and loss claims were initiated by similar situations.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
At least you were honest enough to return the goods, there are many that would have just stated the items were not delivered to them, especially if they had just been left on the doorstep.