Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Spoofing of MAC Addresses

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sean.2015

Aug 21, 2015
I do not have too much experience with Hyper V and VM's so I'm hopig someone can help me. I have 2 server 2008 r2 with Hyper V with 4 VM's running on each servers. Recently, 2 VM's froze after running fine for 2 weeks. One VM froze on one server and another VM froze on another server a few days later. The thin client wasn't actually frozen as I could move the mouse and inout on the kepboard, but the VM was frozen. I logged into the VM from the console and their were no issues from the console side. The VM came back on the thin client after I rebooted the thin client. Reboting the VM from the console did not correct the issue. After a few days, another VM froze on another thin client that was on a seperate server with the exact same issue. I just recently noticed that one of the VM's did not have "spoofing of MAC addresses" enabled. This was on one of the VM's that froze. Could that have caused the VM's to lock up on the thin clients? I'm a bit uncertain as another VM froze on a sperate server that has spoffing of MAC addresses enabled. Although, they all connect to the same switch.
If I do not enable Spoofing of MAC Addresses, can that lead to issues like freezing or stop communications?