Serve The Home Wiki?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

djflow195

Jan 1, 2016
Any thoughts on setting up a Wiki? Then we could post guides, documents, howtos, etc such as info on LB4M and LB6M switches in an easier to navigate way.

capn_pineapple

Aug 28, 2013
Would be a nice knowledge base. But wiki's tend to get out of hand stupid quick without decent mods. I don't think @Patrick wants to spend more time modding when he could be spending it tinkering/testing/rolling around on his bed of hardware surrounded by sexy processors.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
Would be a nice knowledge base. But wiki's tend to get out of hand stupid quick without decent mods. I don't think @Patrick wants to spend more time modding when he could be spending it tinkering/testing/rolling around on his bed of hardware surrounded by sexy processors.
Im willing to bet that some members on here would be quite happy to help moderating something like a wiki.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
I also think a wiki would be a great idea, along a similar track as the starter-guides or resources material area on the forum. And I would be happy to help contribute some content / help moderate it somewhat. But I think the main problem with it would be the same as we have right now with the forums - keeping spammers out. But I can't think of any easy way to solve that potential issue and I don't think anyone wants to volunteer to be the manual anti-spam dude.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I do want a Wiki but you are spot on in the anti-spam thing. The Resources area is what I was hoping to use for something like this, however, if people are passionate that they want to contribute and help moderate a Wiki instead, then I can take that into consideration.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
It seems like the course of action will be:
1. Use Resources for now. Everyone should have access after a 10 post minimum. Other than myself, we only have @MiniKnight who has contributed content.
2. If the section really takes off do a MediaWiki and integrate with XenForo. Looks like current integration are not great but I can have someone code an updated integration.
3. If we switch to MediaWiki then we can just convert current content to MediaWiki.

Sound right?