Seller Rating plugin for the forum?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
Are there any seller rating plugins/mods for the forum so we can rate sellers & buyers and build up a rep on the forum for trust, etc?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I think there are some. If you have a suggestion for XF let me know.

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
I have another idea as well, which could be good in ensuring successful transactions -- what if every buyer or seller (just the users who want to participate in the marketplace) needed to verify their account at STH with a Facebook or LinkedIn profile so that there was more of a chance of the person being 'legit'?

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
No thanks... I like keeping all of my boxes tidy and neat. I link FB and LinkedIn to nothing.
Heatware is the classic forum seller rating... why not just use that.

Reactions: neo

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
I have no preference (and I doubt many people other than the mods would) as to the seller rating plugin used but it would be nice to have one.

EDIT:
It seems HeatWare doesn't integrate into the forum?
I guess I do have a preference, I would like forum integration...

TeeJayHoward

Feb 12, 2013
I have another idea as well, which could be good in ensuring successful transactions -- what if every buyer or seller (just the users who want to participate in the marketplace) needed to verify their account at STH with a Facebook or LinkedIn profile so that there was more of a chance of the person being 'legit'?
HELL no. I keep my Facebook/LinkedIn/etc profiles separated as much as possible from my forum accounts. I don't use facebook login for ANYTHING. I'm very against this idea and would just plain leave the site if it became a requirement.

I do like the idea of having some small plugin for seller feedback. It would need to be unobtrusive - Similar to the like feature we have now. I use heatware myself, but I very seldom sell anything.

Reactions: legopc and Patriot

swerff

Jan 13, 2015
Ha. I have no face waste/linked crap /whatever teenage profiles. Does that mean I couldn't still be a forum member of this got approved?

If you want to hang out, drive your ass over and let's drink.

If you want to call me , call the god damn phone, if I don't answer leave a message.

Although I do get a kick out of people that make their private life public and blabber about the headaches it causes.

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
I think people are focusing too much on the FB/Linkedin - which was an offtopic suggestion in a secondary post.... lets forget about that. :)

The main discussion is having the marketplace rating plugin integrated into the STH XenForo forums...

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
I think the XenCentral Trading System is an interesting idea. @Patrick is right in saying that other places like Heatware does exist though. I also use ebay's system when appropriate (asking a seller for their ebay seller id or showing mine, etc). So I'm not sure the utility of adding such an item with so many other options out there that do not have to be linked to this forum.

ItsChrisG

Feb 3, 2015
Adding an integrated plugin doesnt really detract or make it harder for anyone though.
I've dealt with them before on car forums when selling parts and its very easy and quick to add a positive or negative and a small comment.

It would make it a lot faster and easier to qualify a buyer/seller

xnoodle

Jan 4, 2011
I typically prefer Heat, as it's easy to cross reference against someone's Paypal email address, plus some of us probably have years worth of feedback on there.

XenTrader would be OK. I'd probably request Heat feedback in addition to XenTrader if we were to implement that here.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Heat works.

And for those wondering, the seller on these forums who scammed me with shipping delays, and then damaged goods has NOT returned any PMs or provided USPS pickup info for a claim.

I have plans to call my paypal rep Monday while getting treatment, can't waste anymore time on this moronic seller than downtime.