Seeking guidance on modifying RoCEv2 code for continuous reception of UDP data packets from an FPGA over Ethernet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

andi001

Feb 3, 2024
I’m currently working on receiving UDP data packets over Ethernet using RoCEv2, but I’ve encountered a challenge in my code. I’m trying to continuously receive data packets emitted by an FPGA, utilizing RoCEv2. I attempted to modify the code for multicast given in following document ,to unicast for receiving data packet:

However, I’m stuck at a certain point.
Could someone please assist me by providing guidance on what all parameters need to be adjusted in multicast code? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, due to privacy reasons mandated by my institute, I cannot share further details about code. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

paf

Sep 21, 2020
Portugal
Well, if you want help with code you can't share, it will be hard to help you.
But, it seems that you are focusing on the wrong details.
It does not matter if the packets come from an FPGA, as long as they are valid packets.

andi001

Feb 3, 2024
I'm wondering whether it's possible to transform the multicast code into unicast by omitting sections such as joint address handle, setting connections to 1, and making similar adjustments. I've been struggling to locate example code for UDP reception over the internet, and any insights on this specific modification would be highly valuable.