Seagate SV35 series, strange problems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Spc

May 16, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have few SV35 seagate series, dated arround 2017 year and older.
Those disks are optimized for 24/7 use.

1661858897570.png

Two of them are 2TB drives.

What happened to 2 of these drives is that drive is detected normally in bios and in windows.
When i try to read sector by sector it says all sectors are unreadable.

One of these drives had very low usage, power on hours were less than a year, yet it broke, no sectors are readable.

I quickly moved disk to other PC to try to recover data.
After 3 retries, NTFS partition was found and i ran check disk (/r switch) and surface scan on whole disk.

check disk did not find a single error on disk also EaseUS Partition Master surface scan got 0 errors.
After few hours of all checks completed i started to copy data to new WD RED Plus 2TB disk.

0 errors on data copy to new disk, also the speeds were amazing, 119MB/s via gigabit network.
Also all files were copied correctly, i checked all the hashes and alot of files, all files have 0 errors.

After copying files I turned (PC off) this 2TB disk off again it doesn't recognize any partitions, it shows as RAW again.
Now i am not able to get to read it again, however all data was saved.
I already cleaned all the contacts on PCB but this didn't help.

I also have 3TB versions of the same disk, 2 of them.
Those 3TB are running 24/7 for 8 years now, and not a single error on both of them, i will backup those asap.

Any ideas what might be the problem ?

Thanks.

Last edited: