Seagate OEM Sas Drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

serverx

Jul 3, 2014
Hello, i got some Seagate hard drive with oem Fujitsu firmware, but i discovered that the discs do not working with my perc h700 and h710, there a way to put on the drives the dell firmware ?
I tried already to upgrade the discs with the dell utility but obviously im getting the error:

This update package is not compatible with your system configuration This update package is not compatible with your system configuration

Somebody know a kind of procedure to put the dell firmware into the oem discs ?
Thanks

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Hello, i got some Seagate hard drive with oem Fujitsu firmware, but i discovered that the discs do not working with my perc h700 and h710, there a way to put on the drives the dell firmware ?
You should upgrade your PERC to the latest firmware (currently 12.10.7-0001 for the H700) as Dell no longer blocks non-Dell drives as of H700 firmware 12.3.0-0032. If the drives still aren't accepted, they likely have a non-standard sector size. Refer to How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size here. Note that you need a HBA (IT) card to do this - the PERC H700 can't. If these happen to be 4Kn drives, all bets are off - I don't think the PERC cards can do 4Kn, at least with Dell firmware.