EXPIRED Seagate Exos X20 ST20000NM007D 20TB 7200 RPM - NEW (BF Deal) $240 with coupon

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ano

Nov 7, 2022
we bought 600 of theese for.. uhm way more than that 1-2 months ago... good drives( sofar) :D

ICPete

May 12, 2020
Yup, you have to pay using Zip. The cost for me was $6 total interest fees on a roughly $1000 purchase (of unrelated items, but all sold and shipped by Newegg), on which the promo code zip111 gave me 11% off. So you save $111 but pay $6 in interest fees. You have to use a cc to make the zip payments, one of which is immediate and three come later at 2-week intervals. My assumption is that Zip is funding this promo in order to grow their customer base. Unfortunately for them, after I've made all my payments (in 6 weeks), I plan to simply close my Zip account.

BTW, I never got a response from Microsoft as to the 15% Cashback I should have received for my initial purchase of the Seagate 20TB drives on Newegg. At the initial price of $280 each, I felt that was too high without the 15% rebate. So I simply returned the drives to Newegg, full refund (I had not opened any of their sealed packaging).

In their place I purchased six WD 18TB Ultrastar DC HC550 SATA drives, factory recertified, from Server Part Deals, for $200 each. I'll post warranty info and SMART data after I receive them in a couple of days.

ICPete

May 12, 2020
Today I received six WD 18 TB Ultrastar HC550 SATA drives, factory recertified, from Server Part Deals. They were EXTREMELY well packed: first each drive in its own pair of slots in dense PE foam inserts fitted to a sturdy box, then two of those 5-drive boxes packed inside a large box with the thick, tough sort of bubble wrap separating and surrounding them. I was really impressed by the protection achieved this way.
So I entered all the SNs on WD's warranty look-up web page; they all came back with status "OUT OF LIMITED WARRANTY", and their descriptions all read "PCM Drive ASM OEM-STD 18TB SATA 512d SE CMR". Well at least I'm glad they are CMR!!
This means the only warranty is by Server Part Deals; from what I've read on other sites (e.g., r/DataHoarders), their warranty service is excellent.
The labels on the drives are all printed with a "Recertified" date that varies from March to September of 2023. They definitely look like brand-new labels applied at WD.
Next I'm going to hook them up and read their SMART data. Will report back on that.

Reactions: Gnodu and Sacrilego