Seagate 5TB External HDD USB 3.0 (STBV5000100) $96.95 with Bitcoin

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
Found this deal on Rakuten (formerly Buy.com) for a Seagate 5TB External HDD USB 3.0. Supposedly the drives are actually Seagate Barracude ST5000DM000 5900RPM drives. People have reported issues with these drives (and Seagate in general) but could be a good deal if willing to take the risk. The external drive come with a 1 year warranty and I'm sure the warranty would be void if you shucked the external case and used it as an internal drive. Still, it's $19.39 per TB.

Keep in mind that it has to be paid in full with Bitcoin, so this definitely will not apply to everyone. Easiest and safest way to get Bitcoin is with Circle.com or Coinbase.com. Also, many people do not trust Rakuten because supposedly CC numbers have been stolen in the past, but since the purchase is in bitcoin that concern does not apply.

Use Coupon Code: BITCOIN for $30 off any $100 purchase (limit 1 use)
Also use coupon code: APRILRAIN for 5% extra Rakuten super points (Rakuten money)
Coupon codes show up on the very last page before submitting the order btw.

Seagate Expansion STBV5000100 5 TB External Hard Drive - Rakuten.com

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Would love to snag 2 of these, but no bitcoin / too much hassle for me :) I'll wait for price drops :) :)

Great deal for those with Coin