SASUC8I "IT mode" Firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mikejones

Apr 22, 2011
Hi, I'm a n00b and I need help flashing the firmware on the SASUC8I to put it into "IT mode" without RAID. I have attached the device via Windows 7 x64 on my new build, now what do I do?

Thanks!

mikejones

Apr 22, 2011
That post is what led me here. I don't know what I should download from where or what steps I should follow exactly.

Metaluna

Dec 30, 2010
Okay, it's been a while since I've done it, but I think it goes like this: First, you will need to obtain the sasflash utility and the firmware itself from LSI's website here:

http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/pro...pters/sas_hbas/internal/sas3081e-r/index.html

Click on the "Support and Downloads" tab, then scroll down to the "Firmware" section. You will need to download the Windows Installer (contains sasflash.exe), as well as the firmware files. There are two different firmware packages. One apparently supports only SATA 3Gbps and 6Gps drives, and the other only supports 1.5 and 3.0G drives. I don't recall which one I used but it was probably the 1.5/3.0G version. I *think* these packages also contain a copy of sasflash.exe, but it's the DOS-mode executable, which you can only use from a DOS boot disk. But since you have Windows already installed, it will be easier to use the Windows version.

Anyway, extract both packages to a convenient directory and launch an elevated command shell in Windows (go to the Start menu, type "cmd" in the search box, then hit CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER). The Windows x64 version of sasflash.exe is buried a few directories down in the Windows Installer zipfile, so you'll probably want to copy it to the directory containing the firmware files.

From there you should be able to follow the steps in Patrick's tutorial to flash the firmware.

Last edited: