SAS9300-16I

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
Boo boos like that really drives home why you need a good listing software, a good one would flag that price mistake vs existing listings and delist it.

They have to ship them so typos can hurt.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I doubt they will ship anything. They will just refund everyone. I’ve bought stuff on Ebay where that happened before. Not such an obvious price typo, but still similar. It’s the same thing that happens when people list more items than they actually have or the item is cross posted and sells on two platforms at the same time. They just issue a refund with explanation that there was an error.

Reactions: Samir

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I once bought a coin on eBay that was grossly under priced. I knew the seller wouldn't honor the price but he did send my a nice book of US Currency for my trouble. I thought that was nice of him.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Boo boos like that really drives home why you need a good listing software, a good one would flag that price mistake vs existing listings and delist it.

I'm sure sellers have a way of not shipping when they're taking a huge loss. I know in my b&m business, we would just cancel the sale and contact the customer as to why. Pricing mistakes are too win-lose for anyone to benefit over the long run.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I doubt they will ship anything. They will just refund everyone. I’ve bought stuff on Ebay where that happened before. Not such an obvious price typo, but still similar. It’s the same thing that happens when people list more items than they actually have or the item is cross posted and sells on two platforms at the same time. They just issue a refund with explanation that there was an error.
They ship it or get a strike on the account.
Unless the total is a massive loss they generaly take the hit and save those "get out of jail free" strikes.

Often they will call you asking to settle it off ebay with you cancelling in exchange for something or replace with diffrent item.

Ive bought a bit of pricing mistakes and generaly get them all delivered if saying no to exchange/refund.
Including deceptive listings like a bracket listed with cards part number.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
These are expanders tho, they are not HBAs so they will still need to be connected to a HBA.

But sas3 expanders have indeed gotten dirt cheap.
Yes! & in the vast majority of cases a SAS expander is better than going for a more than 8 lanes due to cost, heat and size. 8xSAS3 lanes is quite a bit of bandwidth even with SSDs and overkill if you're spinning rust. You also have a ton of flexibility if you ever need to change/upgrade your HBA or raid card in the future.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
My single card just said it shipped so I guess we’ll see.

Edit: to be clear that’s just tracking number provided, not actually in the carriers hands so they could still take it back, but promising all the same.

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
Possibly for the 1, but whoever bought the rest (probably for resale)--I don't see that one happening.
Well, I have a FedEx tracking number for the 9 that I bought. Planned to install the latest IT firmware on them and list them on Reddit.

• Angry

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
And just like that they are all gone lol. I only bought one, so it wasn't me!

On the flipside can anyone point me in the right direction for flashing and upgrading the firmware on it?

Want to use it in my new Unraid Server.
lmk if you need flash assistance, I’ve done one, have one spare that needs flashed, and the 9 more from this

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
I can concur that if I do not put aux power into this card, it does not behave properly if all 4 connectors are plugged in. At least in my 9300-16i.
I have mine connected to a norco 4220 with spinning drives and don’t have any issues without the external power connector plugged in