SAS9300-16I

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PaulW08

Jan 19, 2021
And just like that they are all gone lol. I only bought one, so it wasn't me!

On the flipside can anyone point me in the right direction for flashing and upgrading the firmware on it?

Want to use it in my new Unraid Server.

Reactions: Samir

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Wow, 17 minutes late to the party and they are all gone! STH Effect strikes again! Lucky for me, I don't need anything full height right now. Now if it were low profile.....

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Is that extra power connector at back?
Yep. Some say it doesn't need to be connected but I connected mine just to be on the safe side. Had to use a converter pigtail because my SC836 didn't have the proper plug.

rtech

Jun 2, 2021
Yep. Some say it doesn't need to be connected but I connected mine just to be on the safe side. Had to use a converter pigtail because my SC836 didn't have the proper plug.
Some motherboards do have power limit from PCIE aka not all motherboards can supply 75W

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Some motherboards do have power limit from PCIE aka not all motherboards can supply 75W
And I have no idea if mine does or not (X9SRH-7F). It as easier for me to hook it up than to research to see if I needed it. I already had the cable.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
The standard calls for all x16 slots to supply 25w, and this card is something like 26-28 as I recall. But, even if a slot is set up to provide 75w, it will only do so if the card "identifies" itself as a "high power" device during the initial handshake at boot. I was thinking, since they bothered to put an auxiliary power connector on it, that the card doesn't do that identification? There's other posts on here with people putting the card in consumer oriented boards that should do 75w, and the card only working under load heavy loads if the aux power is plugged in.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
The standard calls for all x16 slots to supply 25w, and this card is something like 26-28 as I recall. But, even if a slot is set up to provide 75w, it will only do so if the card "identifies" itself as a "high power" device during the initial handshake at boot. I was thinking, since they bothered to put an auxiliary power connector on it, that the card doesn't do that identification? There's other posts on here with people putting the card in consumer oriented boards that should do 75w, and the card only working under load heavy loads if the aux power is plugged in.
I can concur that if I do not put aux power into this card, it does not behave properly if all 4 connectors are plugged in. At least in my 9300-16i.