SAS Harddisk connect to desktop

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bentech4u

Apr 29, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm a newcomer to this forum, so please forgive me if my question seems a bit basic.

I recently acquired some high-capacity SAS SSDs typically used in servers and storage systems. I'm interested in connecting these drives to my desktop computer, but I'm not entirely sure about the process. Could someone kindly suggest the necessary methods and hardware I would need to accomplish this? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1714454387871.png

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
sas host bus adapter or raid controller (with hba mode)
mainboard with a pcie slot (x1 should be enough but it's better to have a x8 slot)
cable(s)

Cables will depend on how you want to connect the drives (directly? with a backplane?) and what connectors your controller has

bentech4u

Apr 29, 2024
I greatly appreciate your swift reply.

As I am located in Kuwait, I must rely on international online shopping platforms such as Amazon.com for my purchases.
However, when I search for the necessary components on Amazon, I am presented with an extensive list of options, which has left me feeling quite overwhelmed and uncertain about which products to choose. If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to provide me with direct links to budget-friendly products that meet my requirements?

This would greatly simplify my decision-making process and help me select the most suitable items for my needs.

Once again, I cannot thank you enough for the assistance and encouragement you have provided thus far.

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022