S3 state (suspend to RAM) on X11DAi-N?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Confusion

May 15, 2019
Greetings to everyone!

I have a workstation based on Supermicro X11DAi-N motherboard.

I was always sure that it supported S3 state, as many workstation boards do, but today I wanted to use it and found no such option in Windows power menu.

So I began to investigate.

Actually Windows really thinks that my machine doesn't support S3. I tried Linux and "acpitool -s" with somewhat strange results: machine seems to go sleep (PSU switches off with an audible click), but after a few seconds it wakes up.

Also Supermicro FAQ mentions sleep option and this motherboard, but not directly: FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc.

So the question is: does X11DAi-N actually supports S3 or maybe I have an issue with my build?

Confusion

May 15, 2019
So, I have some good news. I have force-reinstalled Aspeed drivers, and "Sleep" option appeared, and all works fine with integrated VGA. Now I have an NVidia GTX1070 GPU attached. The machine goes to sleep as expected, but after wake up the GPU seems to halt and I have a blank screen, yet Windows is still running. Windows logs analysis confirms this: machine wakes up successfully, but GPU driver begins to give multiple crash errors (Driver has stopped responding and has recovered).

As far as I see, this board seems to use Aspeed chip to manage S-states, which is a kinda weird.
I guess that this is a kind of hardware incompatibility related problem.