Running out of 10g ports on Brocade ICX 6610, what to do?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kapone

May 23, 2015
I think....I may just have to sell this one and find a replacement that has enough ports. That would keep the power consumption in check, keep cabling simple and take up less rack space.

Of course, a switch with ~16 10g ports and 24 or more 1g ports AND good layer 3 functionality is not that easy to find.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Only way you are going to find that in a single switch is getting a larger core switch chassis and buy the modules needed for the ports you want which is probably not going to save you any on the power front

kapone

May 23, 2015
Only way you are going to find that in a single switch is getting a larger core switch chassis and buy the modules needed for the ports you want which is probably not going to save you any on the power front
Exactly.

If Brocade had not locked out the 40g ports...:mad::mad::mad:

Geekness07

Dec 11, 2017
sell this one, get a different switch altogether which will satisfy the growing needs?

For me, I would get another 10G switch using with the existing one. Meet today's and tomorrow's need. :)