Running a startup "task/script"

Discussion in 'Solaris, Nexenta, OpenIndiana, and napp-it' started by Davewolfs, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Davewolfs

Davewolfs Active Member

I've recently updated to the latest LTS release for OmniOS and have also updated to a newer ESXi 6.5 release. When my system power cycles. It doesn't seem like ESXi will rescan my NFS mount even though it is available. This used to happen automatically.

If I need to login to my ESXi machine from OmniOS and execute a command how can I trigger a script to run on startup before say vmtools starts. Trying to see what triggers vmtools but am unable to find anything.

2. Davewolfs

Davewolfs Active Member

Strange. Updated my firmware and changed the order and set it back and things are working again. Still would be good to know how to run a task on startup.

3. gea

gea Well-Known Member

On Solarish level you can start a service or application on bootup either with a service manifest or an init file in /etc/init.d (like I do with napp-it).

Within napp-it you can create an "other job" with a timetable every+minute=once. You can also use menu Services > "Bonjour and autostart".

Davewolfs likes this.