Rome bios on rev 1 motherboard?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Which CPU do you have? Their site lists only 2 Rome CPUs as compatible. Other low-power SKUs should probably work, but the highest wattage Rome CPUs might be an actual problem.

ExecutableFix

Nov 25, 2019
I couldn't find the meaning of the 0022 post code, so I'm not sure what that means. It could be a bios problem. I modded your bios a bit, could you give this a try and report back if it works or not?

DOWNLOAD

Reactions: Quantum and Tha_14

Quantum

Nov 30, 2019
Which CPU do you have? Their site lists only 2 Rome CPUs as compatible. Other low-power SKUs should probably work, but the highest wattage Rome CPUs might be an actual problem.
I'm testing with a retail Epyc 7262 which is low TDP and only 8 cores. Should be OK.

I couldn't find the meaning of the 0022 post code, so I'm not sure what that means. It could be a bios problem. I modded your bios a bit, could you give this a try and report back if it works or not?

DOWNLOAD
Thanks for the mod. It is still hanging at 0022.

Over IPMI it says:
BIOS Firmware
BIOS version
V1.04.B40
Build Date
12/20/2018
----
V1.04 corresponds to Naples

Could it be still loading the Naples portion of the ROM?

Last edited:

ExecutableFix

Nov 25, 2019
I'm testing with a retail Epyc 7262 which is low TDP and only 8 cores. Should be OK.

Thanks for the mod. It is still hanging at 0022.

Over IPMI it says:
BIOS Firmware
BIOS version
V1.04.B40
Build Date
12/20/2018
----
V1.04 corresponds to Naples

Could it be still loading the Naples portion of the ROM?
I've actually replaced the naples part of the rom, so that's not possible. I'm not really sure what's going on without having an explanation of code 22.

Are you sure it's actually updating the bios? On the page it says you need to flash it via IC programmer or BMC Webgui.

"**Please update BIOS by IC programmer or BMC WEBGUI method upgrade method when first update ROME support BIOS from Naples support only BIOS."

Quantum

Nov 30, 2019
I've actually replaced the naples part of the rom, so that's not possible. I'm not really sure what's going on without having an explanation of code 22.

Are you sure it's actually updating the bios? On the page it says you need to flash it via IC programmer or BMC Webgui.

"**Please update BIOS by IC programmer or BMC WEBGUI method upgrade method when first update ROME support BIOS from Naples support only BIOS."

I'm using the IPMI/BMC to do the flash. I agree it's strange and will poke into it more.