Riser options for X9DRT-HF+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Hi All,

I have a 2U twin Supermicro system ( Supermicro SuperServer 6027TR-DTRF 2-Node Server X9DRT-HF ).

I have upgraded the server nodes with X9DRT-HF+ units (more ram slots & SAS controller). The only issue is that it has no standard PICe slots.

There is a custom PCIe slot that takes a custom 4x1GbE network card and the manual lists it as a CPU1 PCIe 3.0 x8 for SMC-Proprietary Daughter (Add-On) Card.

I was hoping someone might be able to point me to riser that could convert the slot into 1x X8 or even 2x X4 as I would like to run NVME drive(s) on thiese nodes.

Any suggestions ?.

Also, for anyone with the X9DRT-HF nodes (no SAS support), if you pickup a BPN-ADP-SAS2L6i-NI22 backplane blade (used on the X9DRT-HF+) it is compatible and will give you you SAS drive compatibility without getting the X9DRT-HF+ nodes. Unfortuinately it seems Supermicro do not make this info available so I took the chance and all good.

Attachments