resolve.conf does not survive reboot

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
I am having a problem with OI_151a. I have set a static IP but DNS will not work. I could fix this by setting a location in the gui but once I log off my user DNS stops working again. My resolve.conf is blank after ever reboot and adding a name server, DNS functions.
I am using a NWAM ncp for the static address and there seems to be a way to set global locations but I have not figured out how to do it with nwamcfg.

Anyone else set up a static IP and get DNS to work? This is a dedicated box and will not have a video card. I am also new to Solaris so I have stuck with the Desktop version. If this can be fixed by using the server install, I will switch over.

TIA

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I am having a problem with OI_151a. I have set a static IP but DNS will not work. I could fix this by setting a location in the gui but once I log off my user DNS stops working again. My resolve.conf is blank after ever reboot and adding a name server, DNS functions.
I am using a NWAM ncp for the static address and there seems to be a way to set global locations but I have not figured out how to do it with nwamcfg.

Anyone else set up a static IP and get DNS to work? This is a dedicated box and will not have a video card. I am also new to Solaris so I have stuck with the Desktop version. If this can be fixed by using the server install, I will switch over.

TIA
if you have a dhcp server ex on your interner router, use it
optherwise use classic network: default config or google or read
http://pdconsec.net/blogs/davidr/archive/2011/07/19/solaris-express-static-ips-the-right-way.aspx