Recommend a Wireless+BT Mouse

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

OrlyP

May 16, 2023
So it appears that my hands aren't compatible with rubber grips or rubber coatings on many of the mice available today. It's actually slim pickings for a work mouse without any sort of rubber on it so I thought I'd crowdsource for one.

Use case is non-gaming. I need it for work and general browsing so forward/back side buttons are a must. Think Logitech M585 or their Signature M650... just without the rubber "wrap". I'd be fine if there was an all-plastic versions of these models.

Most of the rubber-less options are gaming mice, it seems. My only gripe against them is the seemingly short battery runtime between battery changes or charges. However, if you can suggest a gaming mouse (or otherwise) that uses AA batteries and would last 8-12 months of normal use, I'd bite.

Thank you.

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
I picked up a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless when I was on a trip and needed a better mouse than the cheap portable I had. It's pure plastic, has forward/back buttons on the side, and a DPI switch on top. It does not have left/right scroll wheel buttons.

It uses AAA batteries and can easily run for 300 active hours without replacement. There aren't any mice that can run for 8 months of fully active use, but nobody uses mice every second they are on the computer, so a normal 8 hour day only counts about 2 hours. So, that's 4-6 months of normal use.

piranha32

Mar 4, 2023
I've been using MX Master 3 for the past 3.5 years as my everyday mouse. Going strong so far, no slimy rubber, just minor signs of wear. The only maintenance I do is wiping the mouse from time to time with IPA or multi-surface cleaner when cleaning the desk.
The mouse is rechargeable, a single charge lasts for ~2 months. Recharging takes a couple of hours, and the mouse is still usable while charging, just has a tail like wired mouse.
I really like an easily accessible switch between cogged and free-wheeling scroll wheel. After a bit of getting used to, I keep it most of the time in the free-wheeling mode.