QuantaPlex T41S-2U 4-node (8 total LGA2011v3/v4 sockets) - $400ish

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aij

May 7, 2017
I've been tempted to nab one of these, but I probably shouldn't.
Quanta T41S-2U 4 Nodes 24 Bay Server Chassis W/Dual Power Supply 220V A11223

They had been going for around $400 with trays. (starting bid) Not sure how much the ones without trays will go for, but they were failing to sell for $400 earlier, so probably less.

Manufactuter's website has a fair bit of information, but I can't tell what sort of trays they need.

Reasonts I shouldn't get one:
  • I don't have a 240V outlet near my rack.
  • I don't have any DDR4 RAM.
  • I don't have any E5-2600v3/v4 CPUs.
  • I don't know where to get hard drive trays for these.
  • I don't know whether the motherboards have standard power connectors etc. And even if they do, the mobo shape is awkward to use in a regular system.
  • They only have Mgmt Ethernet, and I don't have any PCIe NICs lying around.
  • I still haven't finished upgrading to my new E5-2620v1 systems.
So, basically, it would be a money pit / time sink for me.

If you want to spend the money on newer CPUs it looks like a good deal though. Just don't get in a bidding war with each other. Seller seems to have plenty of these to offload.

Reactions: forroden

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
It looks like you have the option of utilizing multiple different types of LOM NIC daughter boards with these, in addition to the mezz and pci expansion. (look to the right of the mgmt port)

Example: ON-1GbE-i350 | OCP Network Mezzanine | QCT.io

I say good luck finding LOM cards for order for this thing unless you go directly through one of the vendors listed on the page. Or any of their mezz/LOM cards for that matter.

Last edited:

Zalouma

Aug 5, 2020
Anyone has latest BMC and Firmware for this quanta T41S-2U server? cant find it anywhere

Thanks in advance

Zalouma

Aug 5, 2020
Dude why did you bump this. I got excited for nothing. It's all expensive now.
Dude chillout, its not your thread or forum and its the only one about this server and I believe we are all here to help eachothers so no need to for that. if you are after buying this cheap goodluck with it you wont be excited for a very long time, a whole set of caddies alone for it today is over $500 incl taxes (20 each with shipping x 24 = 480)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fritz

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Dude chillout, its not your thread or forum and its the only one about this server and I believe we are all here to help eachothers so no need to for that. if you are after buying this cheap goodluck with it you wont be excited for a very long time, a whole set of caddies alone for it today is over $500 incl taxes (20 each with shipping x 24 = 480)
Do you realise what forum you bumped it in? It's a 2017 post in the DEALS forum fyi. Go post in the appropriate forum.

Reactions: zunder1990

Zalouma

Aug 5, 2020
Do you realise what forum you bumped it in? It's a 2017 post in the DEALS forum fyi. Go post in the appropriate forum.
Clearly you have plenty of time for drama, I dont so I am not here for you honestly, reported thanks

josh

Oct 21, 2013
Clearly you have plenty of time for drama, I dont so I am not here for you honestly, reported thanks
Clearly you either have some serious comprehension deficiencies or think the world revolves around you. Or maybe someone just pissed in your bed. I simply pointed out you were thread digging a deals thread that was dead for 4 years and you went off an tangent outburst because the world revolves around your majesty. Reported for spam and illiteracy thanks.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
And this recent conversation is the latest reminder of why IT folk like us are terrible with social skills.
Please chill everyone and be polite to each other. Mmmmm'kay?

99% of reports are for spam, 0.9% are when someone is wrong and loses a fight... 0.1% is...r/homelab leakage.
We get it, it's a thread necro, unsub and move on.