QCT D51PH-1ULH BMC Password reset

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gongman66

Oct 22, 2022
I picked up a used Quanta D51PH-1ULH last week. So far, so good. I'm having one issue, accessing the BMC page. I get to the login and try every default user and password combination I have found. admin/admin, ADMIN/ADMIN, etc. I've tried the password reset via the motherboard jumper to no avail. Does anyone out there have a solution or insight into defaulting the password? I went to the Quanta website to get BIOS files hoping a re-flash may reset the password, however, they EOL the unit and took down the files.

Thank you for any help.

Cheers

null_pointer

Feb 28, 2016
I managed to get into it using a linux boot disk and ipmitool.

BIOS Version: S2P_3B04

Firmware Revision: 3.16.00

Are yours able to boot from the four SATA 2.5 inch bays at the front? My BIOS doesn't see anything I put in there. They show up once I'm in linux though. I'm not sure now what I'll use to boot from. I bought a SATADOM but there isn't clearance for it. I guess I'll get a tiny extension cable and run it that way.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Are yours able to boot from the four SATA 2.5 inch bays at the front? My BIOS doesn't see anything I put in there
that are drives behind a RAID controller ?
you need a driver to access that, before create a volume on the drive.

equinoc

Nov 3, 2023
I just recently purchased one of these, does the ipmi configuration done in the American Megatrends bios? if so, where in there can i find it?