QCT D51PH-1ULH BMC Password reset

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Gongman66

Oct 22, 2022
And that's for D51PH-1ULH? If so, where did you find those?

If those versions were for a different server, you should try flashing with the E5-2600 v4 (Broadwell) CPU Upgrade Package for D51PH-1ULH package instead.
These are the versions currently installed on my D51PH-1ULH.

JunctionRunner

Oct 27, 2023
Hi all, I'll likely post here again, but to add some info to this, supermicro's ipmicfg tool works for this server. I just got one of these in and am starting to get it set up, need to work out flashing the lsi controller to it mode, since it's mezzanine and there's no jumper 6.

But, to reset the bios password on this, make a bootable dos flash drive, and put supermicro's tool on there

IPMICFG.exe -fd does not work on this machine, but you can run -user list, to get a list of the accounts on the management interface

I had two, admin, and rescue.

To reset the password, it's IPMICFG.exe -user setpwd 2 examplepassword

2 would be the id of the user you want to change.

User 1 is apparently "anonymous" and hidden from that tool.

I'll be making some videos on my channel about this machine as well, mine came with v4 processors and the bios is version 2.17.1249 from 2018

From in IMPI

Device Information
Firmware Revision:3.36.00
Firmware Build Time:May 8 2018 18:11:47 CST
BIOS Version:S2P_3B08.06
Expander 1 Firmware Version:0400
PSU1 MFR Revision:B01
PSU1 Firmware Version:01.00.02
PSU2 MFR Revision:B01
PSU2 Firmware Version:01.00.02
BMC NIC:Dedicated-NIC

Since this card is a mezzanine card and quanta branded, I'm not sure if there's anything special I need to do or source a specific firmware for it, I found an aliexpress listing for one in IT mode so shot a message off to them. I'd keep poking, but eh, I need to try and sleep tonight so I don't want to get too hyped up.

edit: Ah, sweet, good news, already in IT mode!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Samir