QCL , quantum simulators and delayed choice

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
I was looking at the two slit experiment today and stumbled upon the quantum eraser, delayed choice. I thought I had an intuition of superposition of quanta but I have realized that I have absolutely no clue whatsoever.

I think it's amazing that we can treat them like rotations using complex numbers but for the life of me I can't conceive of how quanta can have a superposition that does not collapse prior to observation despite the seeming impossibility of it being so. If quanta "has"(?)" superposition why should observation cause(?) collapse. Why don't they continue to have superposition.

Light photon vs wave is a really nice quanta to consider being so familiar and so impossibly foreign at the same time. That the quantum state of a qubit is a normalized unit vector in a two dimensional complex vector space is neat in a math kind of way. That it coincides with reality makes my head hurt badly.