Proxmox backup

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

voodooFX

Jan 26, 2014
I was wondering, is there a way to identify proxmox backups?
I can not understand why there is no way name/rename or at least categorise somehow the backups...

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
I was wondering, is there a way to identify proxmox backups?
I can not understand why there is no way name/rename or at least categorise somehow the backups...
They have the timecode and VM machine id built right into the file name of every file. You can also go to the individual VM and browse the backups for that specific machine the Backups tab.

voodooFX

Jan 26, 2014
of course but sometimes I really would like to rename/tag/identify a specific backup and this is impossible..

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
of course but sometimes I really would like to rename/tag/identify a specific backup and this is impossible..
You can always SSH in and cp/mv the backup to whatever name you would like and it will show up in the GUI with that name. I normally do this manually when I get a base install setup the way I would like. Or, submit as request to have this added to the web interface.

voodooFX

Jan 26, 2014
ah ok!
in fact I was wondering if a simple manual rename of the file would impact somehow the restore functionality..

I will do this way ;)

Thansk rubylaser

Reactions: rubylaser