Proxmox 5.1 and M5015?

Discussion in 'Linux Admins, Storage and Virtualization' started by gsk3, Oct 27, 2017.

1. gsk3

gsk3 New Member

I'm having trouble installing Proxmox 5.1 VE on an IBM X3650 M3 with M5015 controller.

I've tried two drives now, one SAS spinner and one Intel SSD. Both are seen when I poke around the M5015 boot controller on startup. Neither is seen by Proxmox.

Is this just a driver thing? Should I try an earlier version of Proxmox?

Pointers to the right place to start reading would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Are they not being seen as boot drives during install or after once booted? Did you try putting the Intel SSD on chipset SATA?

3. gsk3

gsk3 New Member

The next message I get after choosing "Install" on the initial Proxmox install menu is "no hard disk found." Both drives are visible in the M5015's BIOS.

The spinner is a Fujitsu MHZ2160BH--consumer SATA. The Intel is one of the 313 20GB's you pointed us to last week (thanks for that!).

What do you mean by chipset SATA? I googled and couldn't find anything. I didn't see an option to set them to SATA in the M5015's BIOS, but definitely possible I missed it?

Unfortunately I don't have a SAS drive to test it with.