ProLiant ML350p Gen 8 Multiple GPU Compatibility

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

6BQ5

Feb 25, 2020
I'd like to install a somewhat powerful GPU card in my ML350p Gen 8. HP's documentation lists a few Quadro and Tesla cards as being certified compatible. I can't imagine installing a modern Nvidia 1080 Ti or 2070 Super wouldn't work ... but, maybe it wouldn't because of some funky design element in the server?

What's the word on installing something other than the certified compatible Quadro cards? Am I certain to get a blue screen of death? The documentation says it's possible to install up to three GPU cards. Can I stretch the spec a bit and install three Nvidia 2070 Super cards or will the drivers puke?

I'm not hellbent on gaming cards but I use them as an example since they are so ubiquitous and so different than Quadro cards.

Thanks!

-=- Boris

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Given you are installing high power cards just be aware of the cable required for extra power, your looking for the graphics enablement kit. Check the quick specs for the server it should have all the info about what sockets and how much power. From memory the GPU side is standard connectors but the HPE side is a bit different.

Reactions: 6BQ5

6BQ5

Feb 25, 2020
Given you are installing high power cards just be aware of the cable required for extra power, your looking for the graphics enablement kit. Check the quick specs for the server it should have all the info about what sockets and how much power. From memory the GPU side is standard connectors but the HPE side is a bit different.
Hi Evan,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I am aware of the 10-pin to 8-pin cable adapter. A few different vendors sell aftermarket units in the $20-$30 range.

-=- Boris