Problem with new Supermicro A1SAi-2750F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

apekatt

Nov 5, 2013
I recently bought a Supermicro A1SAi-2750F, but are having some problems with the network adapters.

For some reason it only detects 2 nic's:

Windows7:

Linux:

I'm thinking it's a faulty board so I should RMA it, but thought I could try here first in case I have missed something obvious.

-I have updated the bios to the latest from Supermicro.
-I have tried with different RAM configurations.
-I have tried the nic jumper in both positions, in the second one it won't detect any nic's

Any thought's before I RMA the board?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Shoot them a note. Different than what I saw on the two boards I received.

Radian

Mar 1, 2011
Works fine under Server 2012 R2, although I did have to download the latest Intel drivers.

What I can't get working is the IPMI side of things, the NIC seems to be dropping off the network from what I can make out on the LED status. How do you set the MAC address from within Windows? None of the included tools seem to run and it doesn't look like you can edit the MAC in the BIOS.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Works fine under Server 2012 R2, although I did have to download the latest Intel drivers.

What I can't get working is the IPMI side of things, the NIC seems to be dropping off the network from what I can make out on the LED status. How do you set the MAC address from within Windows? None of the included tools seem to run and it doesn't look like you can edit the MAC in the BIOS.
Radian - never had that issue on either Supermicro board but I did have a similar issue with the ASRock one (given the ASRock was pre-production). On the other board, the company sent me a utility that ran in DOS to update. I would send a note into support.