problem with my new project based on AsrockD8-2T.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wallop

Nov 6, 2018
Hello everyone
Here is my new configuration:
Asrock EPYCD8-2T motherboard
AMD EPYC 7302 processor
cooling the Noctua NH-U14 sp3
memory 4x 32 GB DDR4 ECC Rdimm CT32G4RFD4266 (total 128 GB)
graphics card PNY Technologies NVIDIA Quadro P1000, 4GB GDDR5
M1 (main) SSD nvme 970 Evo Plus 1TB (MZ-V7S1T0BW)
m2 (auxiliary) SSD 970 nvme Evo Plus 250 GB (MZ-V7S250BW)
4 TB Western Digital Purple 4 TB
SeaSonic Focus Plus Platinum 850W power supply
And now about my problem.
If IPMI is enabled and 2 nve m2 disks are inserted, during system startup (no matter if the system is installed on the m2 or sata disk) the system stands in POST displaying "Update FRU system device ..." and in the lower left corner and DR.Debug display code 55. Cannot enter the BIOS...
pict1.jpg
pict2.jpg
But if the system is booted with IPMI turned off, there is no problem. It is also not there when there are no disks in m2 sockets. So this always happens when 2 m2 disks are filled and IPMI enabled. When only one m2 disk is inserted with IPMI turned on, it rarely happens but ... Rdimm memories are checked: they are ok, during tests I changed two sets but it did nothing.
And one more problem ... system manager shows PCI errors: no Encryptor / Decryption Controler driver. I can't fix this error
pict3.jpg
Has anyone encountered such a problem?

wallop

Nov 6, 2018
Super... THX.
Do you have any solutions for Encryption / Decryption Controller driver?

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Super... THX.
I assume you've tried installing the drivers off ASRock's website? I don't run Windows on my server so I haven't run into that.

TXAG26

Aug 2, 2016
Super... THX.
Try installing the AMD SP3 drivers and AM4 driver packages, both from Gigabytes’s site. The drivers should unpack to C:/AMD folder. Install from there.

balnazzar

Mar 6, 2019
If IPMI is enabled and 2 nve m2 disks are inserted, during system startup (no matter if the system is installed on the m2 or sata disk) the system stands in POST displaying "Update FRU system device ..." and in the lower left corner and DR.Debug display code 55. Cannot enter the BIOS...
[...]
When only one m2 disk is inserted with IPMI turned on, it rarely happens but ...
Hi, I got a setup very similar to yours, epycd8-2t, 7282, and ONE nvme disk (970 pro 1tb).
Never happened. Ask me if you want to know something more specific.

balnazzar

Mar 6, 2019
I don't run Windows on my server so I haven't run into that.
Sorry to bother you, spartacus. I was under the impression that you were using windows, but since you don't (I assume you use linux), could you please take a look to my last post on my thread? That suspend issue is driving me crazy. Provided you have time, of course. Thanks!

Ritz

Apr 1, 2020
Hello everyone
Here is my new configuration:
Asrock EPYCD8-2T motherboard
AMD EPYC 7302 processor
cooling the Noctua NH-U14 sp3
memory 4x 32 GB DDR4 ECC Rdimm CT32G4RFD4266 (total 128 GB)
graphics card PNY Technologies NVIDIA Quadro P1000, 4GB GDDR5
M1 (main) SSD nvme 970 Evo Plus 1TB (MZ-V7S1T0BW)
m2 (auxiliary) SSD 970 nvme Evo Plus 250 GB (MZ-V7S250BW)
4 TB Western Digital Purple 4 TB
SeaSonic Focus Plus Platinum 850W power supply
And now about my problem.
View attachment 12909
View attachment 12910
But if the system is booted with IPMI turned off, there is no problem. It is also not there when there are no disks in m2 sockets. So this always happens when 2 m2 disks are filled and IPMI enabled. When only one m2 disk is inserted with IPMI turned on, it rarely happens but ... Rdimm memories are checked: they are ok, during tests I changed two sets but it did nothing.
And one more problem ... system manager shows PCI errors: no Encryptor / Decryption Controler driver. I can't fix this error
View attachment 12911
Has anyone encountered such a problem?
Hi Sorry to bother, were you ever able to figure out how to get the drivers installed for the pci encryption/decryption controllers under windows 10 pro?