Powering HP ProLiant SL230/250s nodes as stand-alone

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
@Vit K Managed to make it work. Booted perfectly but took almost 20 minutes to go through post.

Unfortunately after that, I tried to install a GPU in the pcie slot and since then I get no image from the remote console (even after removing the GPU). VSP through ssh doesnt return anything either. Any suggestion?
If I recall correctly it takes long to post if it overheats or there are hundreds of gigs ram installed for first time. You can try reset the CMOS may be it help. But in general GPU should not disable ILO graphics, I had both. I can try to run my blade again in about 2 weeks.

marketos.d

Oct 28, 2022
i even updated to latest firmware. how do you reset cmos on it? tried to search about the bios but nothing worked

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
Try to remove battery for several minutes or press power for 10 seconds without it (with PSU disconnected).

marketos.d

Oct 28, 2022
I let it through the night and it never booted to the operating system. Puted the node back in the chassis and still doesn't seem to boot while others boot perfectly fine. Dont seem to be able to reset cmos. I did what you said and what the hp link says but still nothing.

VSP does not return anything and textcons says Monitor is in graphics mode or an unsupported text mode.

#Edit

Tried with a second node. Evything works perfect until the moment I put a GPU (a gtx 1080 ti). When I do the health check led goes blinking red and after a while becomes green (ilo doesn't report anything). When I try to start it I get no video. The leds on the mobo this time look better though. Even if I remove the GPU I can't get image after and resetting the cmos doesn't seem to work.

Also I get this error: System Power Fault Detected (XR: 08 00 MID: FE FD FC FE FE FF FF 2F 2F 00 00 00 1B 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

Last edited: