Power supply router?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

markarr

Oct 31, 2013
Googled a bit about this.. it leads me to vmware horizon view.. kinda expensive though...
I'm using a similar PXE boot software called ccboot.
Is there another alternative to vmware horizon?
You could try VMUG Advantage. $200 a year and it gives you esxi, vcenter, view, and some other stuff for 6 hosts and I think 10 view vms.

wiretap

Jul 14, 2015
Michigan
Xen is another alternative which can be done for free. When compared to VMware, each has its own advantages and disadvantages that you'd need to weigh for what your requirements are.

denywinarto

Aug 11, 2016
Hmm with intel releasing gemini lake and apollo lake last year,
I'm wondering why isnt there any apollo lake POE motherboard with POE 802.3bt Type 4?
The ones i found on google are POE-out i think
Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia
technically it should be enough watt for gemini & apollo lake boards since it could go up to 71 watts,
Gemini boards should be enough for my needs i think, but the new gemini boards from asrock and gygabite doesn't seem to support POE
ASRock Launches Mini ITX Motherboards With Fanless Gemini Lake CPUs | PC Perspective
GIGABYTE Releases Gemini Lake Motherboard With Built-In Intel® Pentium® Silver Processor | News - GIGABYTE Global

Heck I'm currenty using a68n 5200 and wattmeter only shows 25-30 watts.
Or.. i thought there would be some kind of POE pcie card but so far it's only for Raspberry Pi..
With a combination of POE switch i think it could substitute power supplies.

Last edited:

vrod

Jan 18, 2015
You could try VMUG Advantage. $200 a year and it gives you esxi, vcenter, view, and some other stuff for 6 hosts and I think 10 view vms.
While this is true, it is not for commercial usage. It is only to use privately. So one should be careful..

Centralizing PSU’s won’t work well because of the possible loss of voltage over the lines qhen running 12v. Even if that works, it might be running very unstable.

I see 2 options for you:

- Either some VDI solution, PCoIP or so.
- HDMI over Ethernet including usb and such (basically run a ton of cat6 cables from the central to the desk).
- Use UNRAID to virtualize your pc’s. This works like multiseat. I have tried it and it actually works pretty alright, close to native performance!

Now, if you could combine HDMI over Ethernet with the Unraid solution, it would result in you having multiple systems running off the same hardware, while also having that same hardware located in a single room