Post codes on Supermicro X9SRi-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

achamte

Aug 1, 2023
Hi gyus!!

I have a system with a Supermicro X9SRi-F motherboard and I'm having some problems to boot the system. Normally it works fine, but sometimes, when I try to start the system, it does not boot and I get post beep codes that I didn't find the meaning of that. I tried with the IPMI and there is no logs or errors there, also on the BIOS there is not error messages.

The system after 30 seconds after start, play 2 beeps, silence for 10 seconds, 9 beeps, silence for 2 seconds and 7 beeps.

Sometimes, after trying to boot 2 or 3 times, the system starts, other times, it takes 4/5 hours to boot.

Tried to remove all components and conector also trying with different RAM modules, but I have tested all the components and are ok... Any idea of what is going on?

Thanks!!

achamte

Aug 1, 2023
Yep. Tried 4 different psu. The last one is an EVGA BQ 850. Previous was a Corsair 600. An always the same beeps codes.

The last time that this happens, I disconnected all drives, lsi adapters and all peripherals, just to have the motherboard with cpu and 2 ram slots only. Just to verify that no component is working wrong.

I have verified all ram modules and if power on the motherboard without ram, I have beeps of no ram. But with any module of RAM, I have the 2 / 9 / 7 beeps code. All the modules has been tested.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
motherboard runs in chassis ? some misplaced standoffs shorting the PCB ? (isolation broken after long time of vibration)

achamte

Aug 1, 2023
Nop, it is in a standard case, but I'll try to remove out there and I'll try it outside the case to check that.