pfSense Plus 24.03 Released with a Big Default Password Update and More

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

name stolen

Feb 20, 2018
Well the front page comments have errored out in all my browsers today,

"Error: The reCaptcha verification failed. Please try again.
Click the BACK button on your browser and try again. "

I'm logged in and seeing no captcha.

Anyway, I'm curious about Eric's question - how is a professional product using an OS development snapshot?

Reactions: john389

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
It's highly annoying that pfSense gets a string of articles for every release and OPNsense almost never gets a single front page article!

Reactions: Brian Puccio

john389

May 21, 2022
Just out of curiosity, is it really sane to run production equipment on FreeBSD 15.0-CURRENT (there doesn't seem to be a release date yet for 15.0-RELEASE)? Isn't that considered highly experimental and could contain unknown (security) issues? I mean I understand that they want to push for most recent hardware drivers, but I'd rather use older equipment and know it is truly stable. For my FreeBSD servers I'm still on 13.2 and now switching to 13.3. I'll switch to 14.2 or something in half a year or whenever it comes out, probably.

Is that just me? I'd hoped after their use of FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT in their "stable" release ahead of the release of 14.0-RELEASE they'd slow down again, but ...?

Note: This is me honestly asking the opinion of FreeBSD system administrators, who use it for more than their homelab.