Peplink - Barracuda - anybody using it - SD-WAN-alternatives

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Stril, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Stril

Stril Member

Hi!

I am looking for a nice SD-WAN-solution.
    I need to connect some branch offices - everyone with 2-3 ISPs with my HQ (with two ISPs).

The goal is to have a nice soluation that can do active packet-by-packet-loadbalancing.
    --> Using the combined bandwidth
    --> Failover with nearly zero-downtime of the tunnel

In the past, I have used Viprinet for those demands, but viprinet is on bankruptcy.

Can you recommend me any solution?
    - Peplink?
    - Barracuda?
    - ...something else?

I do not only want a failover. I need bandwidth/latency-autotuning, as I need to combine different ISPs like 3G, 4G, DSL, etc. and some of them have a high variability on their bandwidth.

Thank you for your help

Stril

2. dwright1542

dwright1542 Active Member

I've been thru: FatIP, Ecessa, Peplink. All total disappointments. Finally landed on Mushroom Networks. They are EXACTLY what you're looking for. Tech support is brilliant. Been happy with them for ages, but now speeds are cheap enough we don't really need them anymore. Been decommissioning them.

3. Stril

Stril Member

Hi!

Sounds good, but I think, its hard to get mushroom-routers in Germany. I will try to find a reseller.
    One of the Barracuda SE did show me the system yesterday and is is looking VERY promising...

4. Stril

Stril Member

Hi!

Can you tell me something about the problems with peplink? Was it unstable or just not as fast as it should be?