PCIe Card Storage Ideas

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

opensourcefan

Aug 24, 2022
I have a pile of cards accumulating, so far they're just bagged and piled in a box. Curious if anyone has any sort of storage ideas that will protect them but at the same time make them easy to organize, identify and retrieve.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Ha, I had exactly the same problem.

My solution, albeit a bit on the expensive side:

600x400x56mm ESD euro containers, 2x 553x353x20 ESD dimple foam, matching lid
one of the foam pieces glued into the container itself, one to the lid. The card is fixed between the two soft foam layers and cannot move.

Will look like this:

I can post more pictures if you want

Comes in at around 100€ for 10 HHHL cards, safely stored

klui

Feb 3, 2019
I would not use the filer to store electronics because of possible static charge accumulation.

opensourcefan

Aug 24, 2022
These work pretty well on a shelf for putting pci-e cards between: https://www.amazon.com/ERNST-Plier-Pro-Organizer-Non-Slip/dp/B015QCU9ES

I have a bunch of my Fusion-io and other spare things sitting in one right now:
I do like this sorta idea. You can easily see the ports for identification and vertical stacking saves space. Curious what material would be best for antistatic. I was thinking of 3d printing some modular stands or something outta PLA?

klui

Feb 3, 2019
Either the plastic needs to be made of anti-static materials or off-the shelf I would think if it's made of metal, you can always ground it.

Here's how mine are "stacked."

IMG_4326c.jpg

Reactions: opensourcefan