PC does not start and 2 times 6 beeps

Sanerrr1

Nov 7, 2020
Intel S2600CP, everything worked fine, but after the video card is forwarded to hyper-v server 2019, the PC does not start and 2 times 6 beeps, what could be the matter?
I took out the memory strips in turn, started them without a video card and with another video card, changed the battery

rearranged the jumper in bios recovery, now 5 short signals, there is no picture on the monitor, checked the video card on another PC - it works

msauriol

Nov 11, 2020
Hey, I have the same board and it's doing the same since last week.
In my case, I have an intel sas raid card, and last week I tried to convert an img to iso with soft I got on the Net, and I chose physical drive 0 as output by mistake. It fried my raid card, cannot access it from any os, not even winpe.
I bought a sas key, rksas8, to enable the sas ports on the board but the onboard raid can't see the drives.
Anyway, the 2x6 beeps, I got when I activated vt in bios and when using hyperv.

I had a memory error in the bios, so I too played around with the ram.
In the end, hyperv and/or vt enabled, was causing my 2x6 beeps.

msauriol

Nov 11, 2020
Intel S2600CP, everything worked fine, but after the video card is forwarded to hyper-v server 2019, the PC does not start and 2 times 6 beeps, what could be the matter?
I took out the memory strips in turn, started them without a video card and with another video card, changed the battery

rearranged the jumper in bios recovery, now 5 short signals, there is no picture on the monitor, checked the video card on another PC - it works
And if you reset the bios and have no video, did you try the onboard vga?

lovepraylove

Nov 19, 2021
I know this is an old thread but I am having this same issue after installing dual CPUs (E5-4620) in my server board and enabling VT. I get a few boots to work then it reverts to 6 beeps twice. Only fix is to pull CMOS battery and reset BIOS. Does anyone have a fix for this