P3700 2T $629 ebay brand new sealed boxed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

edk

Aug 11, 2019
Just wanted to tell you about a greatest server deal I've had so far.
I was looking for enterprise intel ssds for quite some time and recently came across this:
INTEL P3700 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SOLID STATE DRIVE SSDPEDMD020T4D1 SSD 735858276467 | eBay
I've bought it last month, didn't yet have a time to fully configure my new server, still some minor issues here and there with my server, but the SSDs in question work great.
When I first contacted them they told me they purchased like 2 thousand of those and got a very good deal that time so they were selling extras off. These particular ones are Dell-OEM drives, bulk package from September or August 2017 IIRC, right before intel announced end of manufacture for these.

Now A BIG HUGE WARNING there: the drives are in Hong Kong and as you may or may not know they have a big protests going on there for a couple of months now and it's only getting worse.
Ask the seller if they're still willing/able to ship. When I bought these a month ago it wasn't that bad as it is now. I also purchased 4 2T P4510 from them too (now unavailable, Intel SSD DC P4510 Series (2.0TB, 2.5in PCIe 3.1 x4, 3D2, TLC) SSDPE2KX020T801 735858343855 | eBay ) and those were quite delayed but finally came in yesterday. Those are not OEM, but a real intel ones, bulk pack date march 2019. Just make sure to ask the seller before making a purchase. I'm not sure how ebay/paypal would handle this as I'm unaware how they treat national protests in a disputed cases.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
'bought in bulk in Hong Kong' screams of fakes/seconds, but I don't know how bad it is there versus the rest of asia. Definitely a risk for those of us on the other side of the world in terms of the logistics as well as the case that they weren't genuine (who you gonna call?), but might be worth it to some.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Ordering from Asia is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Reactions: Samir