Oracle infiniband 36 switch problem

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
For some reason after upgrading the firmware to 2.18, I cannot get any lights to show on this switch anyone.
I restart the ports, but even with the cables plugged in, they just show that the cables are connected.

I don't think the cables are the problem, because I can connect the same cables between 2 hosts (esxi) and they light up fine.

There must be some setting that I am missing or deactivated somehow.

Any help appreciated. Much Thanks

Sun Data Center InfiniBand Switch 36 | InfiniBand Networking | Oracle

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19197-01/820-7746-13/820-7746-13.pdf

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Yes I have, no luck there. And when I contacted support, they would not lift a finger unless I subscribe to a corporate support package which cost thousands of dollars.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Yes SM is running.
I don't think "auto disable" is configured for the ports. How do I check that?

Drewy

Apr 23, 2016
yep.
There is a bug report for this version related to autodisable not working correctly and the suggested workaround is to disable autodisable.
I don't believe that it's a confirmed bug at this point.
I have a number of these switches running this version without issue and many more running the previous version. All upgrades went smoothly. These are production systems so I can't "play" with them.

Only other thing I could suggest would be to try going back to a previous version.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
This is the only version of firmware that I have. Would you be able to provide a link to another?
This switch DID work before I updated the firmware to 2,18.

Much Thanks!

Drewy

Apr 23, 2016
I'm sorry I don't have any firmware. Oracle upgrade ours as part of support contract.

Drewy

Apr 23, 2016
Technically I could but it's not something I can legally do. Much more at risk here than your switch I'm afraid.