Opyc - The 5 million IOPS R/W Mysql server build

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Morphers

Nov 24, 2017
-Supermicro Motherboard Mbd-h11dsi-nt
-2x AMD EPYC 32 Core Processor 7601 2.20ghz Processors
-256GB (16x16gb) 2666Mhz DDR4 (to be increased in a few months if needed)

-10x 900p 280gb Optane U.2 Drives ZFS Striped.
-2x Highpoint SSD7101A-1 cards for 8x M.2->U.2 Optane connections
-2x onboard Mobo Oculink->U.2 Optane connections

-4x Samsung 860 Pro 1TB ZFS Daily Backup Array
-Ubuntu 16.04 Server

Waiting on Mobo in mail to get it booted tomorrow.
Looking at using myrocks instead of innodb to increase amount of data I can store over current innod mysql db by using compression and it should increase my performance even more vs mysql for heavy write workload.
replacing i3.16.xlarge ec2 instance

Morphers

Nov 24, 2017
well I got things up and running. single thread performance is wanting in mysql, doing a count on 15+million row table took like 15secs. was trying to get infiniband over ip working but just couldn' ping over ip to another infiniband node that ran the subnet manager, ping worked over infiniband,so hit a wall. they are hooked up to unmanaged infiniband switch sx6025 so had to do static ips. not sure best way to test for highest iops on the 10x optane disk? was curious if opting to use 1 or 2 of the drives as arc/zill/slog would be a better use?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Your single thread performance in mysql sounds to be expected with low frequency chips. Have you configured ZFS parameters specifically for storing the database? other optimizations?

If possible post what you're running, data and what tests you're running so we can replicate and share :) results / compare.
Are you using this? MyRocks Engine: Things to Know Before You Start

Reactions: gigatexal