Optane P4800X 1.5TB - $629 - 0 hours

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
those folks have been my infra hw project gotos for the last year. I've had great service and very fast shipping (ymmv - literaly - they're one state over from me).
In general they've also been willing to negotiate on prices - esp in quantity.

I am not affiliated with them in any way other than as a satisfied customer.

Reactions: Samir and oddball

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
In for two @ five bills each - really fast response to my offer... thanks @oddball for posting the deal! I'll note that these appear to be DELL/EMC oem drives so firmware updates may be challenging. Great drive at a great price!

Reactions: Samir

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
In for two @ five bills each - really fast response to my offer... thanks @oddball for posting the deal! I'll note that these appear to be DELL/EMC oem drives so firmware updates may be challenging. Great drive at a great price!
Good timing, someone can in after you and hoovered everything left at full price- STH effect is savage!

I'm starting to wonder if Great Deals might not be better off login-walled.

Reactions: gbeirn and Samir

Rahvin9999

Jan 14, 2016
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
These are D4800X optanes
As far as I know the only difference with the P4800X optane line is that the D4800X series is Dual Ported.

Does this uplink with 2x PCI-e Lanes or 4xPCI-e lanes if you connect it to a normal U.2 PCI-e 4x connector?

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Good timing, someone can in after you and hoovered everything left at full price- STH effect is savage!

I'm starting to wonder if Great Deals might not be better off login-walled.
Wait, it's not login-walled? :eek: Definitely should be if it isn't. Great deals by STH members for STH members. :) The problem is that some members are companies who will buy this stuff and resell it. :(

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Wait, it's not login-walled? :eek: Definitely should be if it isn't. Great deals by STH members for STH members. :) The problem is that some members are companies who will buy this stuff and resell it. :(
I'm sure resellers are monitoring with alert-on-change notifications set. And it's not just anon lurkers but anyone from a search engine. With window of buying opportunity sometimes being very narrow on a truly Great Deal, in some instances that extra bit of resistance could make the diff to a forum member benefitting instead of an uninvested anon.

If there's an upside to keeping it anon-visible then PK would know and it'd be his prerogative.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Wha????
That's news to me. I thought Patrick was against it.
It wouldn't surprise me as it makes no sense to have multiple platforms for the same thing--especially when with platforms like discord, you don't really own the content like you with xenforo, vbulletin, etc.

jimhh

Dec 2, 2022
Yes, it seems these do not support DualPortEN unlike some newer enterprise dual port drives. Drives that support it will indicate it in the specs in the PCI-E link section (eg. 3.0 2x2, 4x) on the spec sheet.