OpenDNS Visual Logging: How can it be done?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I've got OpenDNS running and have all the fun lil stats turned on but what I don't have is an easy (read graphical) way of viewing my data.

I looked at an ELK stack (Elastic Search Logstache and Kibana) but haven't found a good docker image that has everything built into it and I'm trying to avoid having 3 separate systems if I can avoid it.

Has anyone found a good visual web based utility (that's free or limited price) that can display OpenDNS or network logging with nice graphs, pie charts, etc etc.

I could try splunk or solarwinds but that costs money.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Grafana has a package for a Bind9 dashboard. Dont know if OpenDNS stats can be fed to it or if there is something already built for it.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I like grafana for sure. What I'm not finding in my googling is to have Grafana display devices and endpoint destinations as well as charts that display quantity of hits to a certain DNS. More on the end of Solarwinds side of displaying content