OmniOS/Nappit - can't access smb shares on domain

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

scrummie02

May 9, 2015
SO I have an omnios build on Nappit and it's attached to the domain. It's been running great for years, through updates and everything else. Now noen of the users can get to the file shares and I'm getting tons of errors like
smb_lookup_sid failed on a reboot. It's just stopped working all of sudden. Any ideas?

scrummie02

May 9, 2015
I also get damon.notice smbd_dc_monitor domain.fom locate failed
DNS/AD are up and running fine. I can get to everything else.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I would suppose that OmniOS has lost AD connectivity eample due a short network problem.
A SMB service restart or a rejoin AD should solve the problem.

Permissions stay intact as OmniOS stores real AD Windows SIDs as ZFS attributes

scrummie02

May 9, 2015
I would suppose that OmniOS has lost AD connectivity eample due a short network problem.
A SMB service restart or a rejoin AD should solve the problem.

Permissions stay intact as OmniOS stores real AD Windows SIDs as ZFS attributes
I had to remove it first

scrummie02

May 9, 2015
This is what I had in nappit:
Joining domain ... this may take a minute ...

- If you get failed to find any domain controller, check network and if your AD server is offline or lmauth level is wrong, try also a SMB service restart.
- If you get UNSUCCESSFULL, check your user/password, retry it a second time (sometimes it works at the second try) and if that fails also

- check Systemlog, DNS, time and krb5.conf and verify, that there is no old active directory-entry for this hostname
- If you get INTERNAL ERROR, check if smb service is online. (and try to share a folder via SMB)

- Check also if this host was already a AD-member - if so, delete it and retry to join the domain

scrummie02

May 9, 2015
got the following error:
Apr 5 18:53:59 Atlas smbd[574]: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] smbd_dc_update: domain.com: locate failed
Apr 5 18:54:44 Atlas smbd[574]: [ID 700049 daemon.error] smbd: failed locating domain controller for domain

I know it can be reached. There is two domain controllers and both work. I can map drives to them by logging into my domain account.

scrummie02

May 9, 2015
now seeing this
ndr_rpc_bind: smbrdr_ctx_new(Srv=hephaestus Dom=domain.com User=), BAD_NETWORK_PATH (0xc00000be)

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
seems more a network related problem.
Can you ping the AD server from OmniOS (may need to allow icmp on the firewall of the AD server)

beside that
- check network and gateway settings on OmniOS
- Do you have more than one nic or is your AD multi-homed?

scrummie02

May 9, 2015
SO it was something with nappit. It kept editing the resolv.conf file wrong. I edit the resolv.conf and added the proper DNS domain and servers and used the command line to add it.