ODROID-H3 and ODROID-H3+ offer Intel Jasper Lake 2.5GbE Development Boards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I've been using the H2+ for a couple of years - rock solid performer running most of the less-intensive parts of my home network without fail. I keep trying other systems and rearranging the lab but I always come back to the H2 as the lightweight workhorse.

Agree on the case options, not good - but I've got the advantage of both a 3d printer and laser cutter so I get the case I want.

I've really glad Odroid continued the line with the H3/H3+.

amazingeric

Jun 17, 2020
San Diego
Got my H3+ in the mail today. Unfortunately the heat sink was detached from the board. Seems like a they soldered brass standoffs to the board and then tried to screw in the heat sink screws. Can't imagine how a thin layer of solder would withstand any torque whatsoever.

Assuming that is the design... I could be mistaken and I just have a one-off issue, but either way, not a glorious start to something I was looking forward to playing with.

SDLeary

Aug 4, 2015
@Patrick

Hey! What about an update on the video on the H2s from almost 2 years ago! Did you ever do your clustering project on them. How much better do the H3+s perform? :D

SDLeary

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Got my H3+ in the mail today. Unfortunately the heat sink was detached from the board. Seems like a they soldered brass standoffs to the board and then tried to screw in the heat sink screws. Can't imagine how a thin layer of solder would withstand any torque whatsoever.

Assuming that is the design... I could be mistaken and I just have a one-off issue, but either way, not a glorious start to something I was looking forward to playing with.
I have had that happen too.

@SDLeary - TBH we are super backed up right now getting ready for the Genoa launch then SC22.

Reactions: SDLeary