Notch on sff-8088 cable connector?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

legen

Mar 6, 2013
Sweden

Attachments

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
the notch is the locking mechanisme to prevent accidental removal from the sff-8088 port.

if i were you, i would return it back as DEFECTIVE.

when you buy a cable, it should function as intended. like you don't buy motherboard with bent pins of cpu socket. and then you try to unbent the pins. you don't do that.

i hope you get my point.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
the notch is the locking mechanisme to prevent accidental removal from the sff-8088 port.

if i were you, i would return it back as DEFECTIVE.

when you buy a cable, it should function as intended. like you don't buy motherboard with bent pins of cpu socket. and then you try to unbent the pins. you don't do that.

i hope you get my point.
The OP is clearly talking about the notch (AKA blocking key) under the lock, not the lock itself.
The cable is not defective. It's just not the part that he expected. It is not clear from the information provided so far who made the mistake - the seller in the item's description or the buyer ordering the wrong part.

Reactions: ari2asem

legen

Mar 6, 2013
Sweden
The OP is clearly talking about the notch (AKA blocking key) under the lock, not the lock itself.
The cable is not defective. It's just not the part that he expected. It is not clear from the information provided so far who made the mistake - the seller in the item's description or the buyer ordering the wrong part.
Correct its not defective. You learn something new every day (now i know there are active cables with a notch). The seller used a picture for the auction showing a passive cable. I am in contact with the seller to return the item!

legen

Mar 6, 2013
Sweden
An update. I removed the notch from the cable and it works in the sff-8088 to sff-8087 adapter. All disks detected and run fine.