Not that I'm asking for help (ASRock Rack & "vertical" CMOS battery)...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
you need the pictures to plug it back in the right direction, battery fits both ways..

XeonLab

Aug 14, 2016
you need the pictures to plug it back in the right direction, battery fits both ways..
I'm not *that* careless, checked which way the old battery was installed before pulling it :D

And if anyone is wondering: yes, I like to make my life difficult with age-old hardware (Xeon-D board with AST2400) so digging out a VGA display from scrap heap will be quicker than installing some Docker-KVM-IPMI-Java -hack, :rolleyes:

mtg

Feb 12, 2019
And if anyone is wondering: yes, I like to make my life difficult with age-old hardware (Xeon-D board with AST2400) so digging out a VGA display from scrap heap will be quicker than installing some Docker-KVM-IPMI-Java -hack, :rolleyes:
I find a VGA->HDMI adapter to be a very good investment for this purpose :)
I have yet to see a IPMI/BMC with digital out, I'm sure they exist somewhere, but not common at all(?).

nexox

May 3, 2023
The AST2400 does do remote console via IPMI SOL just fine, if you're not running Windows that's often all you need to configure BIOS and get an OS installer running either in text mode or with VNC.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I have yet to see a IPMI/BMC with digital out, I'm sure they exist somewhere, but not common at all(?).
AST2600 supports displayport. have seen a gigabyte server board with DP out.
BUT: the firmware of the AST2600 BMC must talk with the display ! not easy implementation.

mtg

Feb 12, 2019
AST2600 supports displayport. have seen a gigabyte server board with DP out.
BUT: the firmware of the AST2600 BMC must talk with the display ! not easy implementation.
Ooo fancy!

Yeah I can only imagine, DisplayPort is very complex compared to plain old VGA!