Norco 4220

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Toro143

Apr 5, 2017
Quick question regarding the leds on this case. Not a huge deal but the nerd in me is bothered by the 1 green light on 1 out of 7 hardrive sleds that is on.

It's a hardive that I took out of another pc and added to my server (one of several). All others have a steady blue led on the drive that lights. This one drive has both green and blue illumitated. I can't any difference from all the other drives.

Any ideas ?

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
Quick question regarding the leds on this case. Not a huge deal but the nerd in me is bothered by the 1 green light on 1 out of 7 hardrive sleds that is on.

It's a hardive that I took out of another pc and added to my server (one of several). All others have a steady blue led on the drive that lights. This one drive has both green and blue illumitated. I can't any difference from all the other drives.

Any ideas ?
On my Norco 4224, the blue lights light up for an attached drive, and the green lights come on when the drive is being accessed. If I put SAS drives in my 4224, they are solid green until accessed, then they blink. SATA drives blink green when accessed.

Toro143

Apr 5, 2017
ok, thanks for the reply. All of mine are SATA. There's nothing special about this drive, it only has movies on it. OS is not on it. Yet it has solid blue and green led lit. Any idea ?

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
ok, thanks for the reply. All of mine are SATA. There's nothing special about this drive, it only has movies on it. OS is not on it. Yet it has solid blue and green led lit. Any idea ?
Does this drive have HP firmware on it by any chance? HP (at least in the past) configured their drives to have the LEDs on when idle and blink off for activity, instead of the way the rest of the world does it. For an example, see this article, which says "[Green] On - The drive is online, but it is not active currently."

Toro143

Apr 5, 2017
hmm, not unless the drive came with hp firmware installed. I took the drive out already. It's a seagate barracuda 3TB . I'll try and check this