new workstation computer desktop

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ricky89

Mar 28, 2017
Hi!!
My name is Riccardo I'm appassionate of computer and general tehnology
On the site I saw this computer SUPERMICRO SYS-5038K-I-ES1 – INTEL XEON PHI X200 .
I do video editing and graphic designers.
This computer is suitable for mè? It has 72 cpu cores.
In the motherboard you can insert a graphics card?
Possibility trip to Italy this product?
How much?
Thanks I await your answers.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
You just posted under 24 hours ago. What software package(s) are you using for editing? How much RAM and drive sub-system are you planning to use?

Reactions: ricky89

ricky89

Mar 28, 2017
Use video editing software pinnacle studio 20, adobe premiere pro
then drawing programs use 3ds studio max cimema 4d new versions I could believe a 64gb of ram enough ?.

ricky89

Mar 28, 2017
With cpu Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1505M and v6
Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1535M v6 will work with my own programs?
As for the intel processors xeon version D they are good?

MBastian

Jul 17, 2016
Düsseldorf, Germany
Hi!!
On the site I saw this computer SUPERMICRO SYS-5038K-I-ES1 – INTEL XEON PHI X200 .
I do video editing and graphic designers.
This computer is suitable for mè?
Use video editing software pinnacle studio 20, adobe premiere pro
then drawing programs use 3ds studio max cimema 4d new versions I could believe a 64gb of ram enough ?.
Technically you can run Windows on an Xeon PHI but I think you would be very disappointed with the performance of the above software list. I could be wrong though.

Depending on your budget I would recommend a used workstations. Look on ebay for a suitable equipped Dell or HP workstation. Dell T36x0/T56x0/T76x0 series or HP Z620/Z820. 64GB should be a starting point, add more memory if needed.

Reactions: ricky89

ricky89

Mar 28, 2017
Technically you can run Windows on an Xeon PHI but I think you would be very disappointed with the performance of the above software list. I could be wrong though.

Depending on your budget I would recommend a used workstations. Look on ebay for a suitable equipped Dell or HP workstation. Dell T36x0/T56x0/T76x0 series or HP Z620/Z820. 64GB should be a starting point, add more memory if needed.
thanks
One question but that Supermicro computers are powerful enough computer and need to have more complex and demanding jobs ?.
I'd like to have one at home :) just do what I do and little :)
Thank you all for the answers that you gave me.